Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Green Smoothie

I took a recipe I found online for a green smoothie and adjusted it some. This smoothie can make for a great meal for a kid - it has fruits, veggies, and protein. I served this to my almost 2 year old the other day along with a couple of mini banana oatmeal muffins to give her the well-rounded meal (recipe coming soon).

Green Smoothie

1 c. frozen mango chunks
1 banana
1 handful spinach (or other green)
Whole milk plain yogurt

Combine ingredients in blender and puree. There is no measurement for the yogurt as I added some until the smoothie became - you guessed it - smooth. But, I wouldn't add more than a regular serving size of yogurt (1c. for a 1-3 year old). If you still need to "water it down" some, put in a bit of ice, water, or juice (whatever you feel comfortable with). I found though, that I didn't even need the full 1 cup serving. This makes for one large cup or two small ones (like the cup below).

My little girl used a spoon at first but then as it started to melt she started to drink it (she's learning to drink from a cup, so she's not great it yet and this thicker drink was good practice for her!).

No comments:

Post a Comment